Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Death at a funeral, Emma Thompson


Well, some people have received their books in the mail by now. I got a message on facebook from someone who said she thought she'd check out the Prologue at the dinner table and was at Chapter 11 before she realized it - her supper got cold. I don't think I could have a better compliment. I get ten free copies, four of which are promised to family and friends and the others I better keep for all these give aways that seem to take place.

I love this next video of Emma Thompson accepting the Golden Globe for writing the screenplay for Sense and Sensibility. I like her tremendously and her mother too. That was a wonderful movie, but I wish it had been done with someone other than Hugh Grant. He always seemed like his shoes were too tight in that movie, or he was walking on eggs or something.

I got news of another book signing that will go along with the one at the Savannah Book Fair. This will be at the Barnes & Nobel in Savannah. Thank god for Regina Jeffers - her name is getting us these book signings. I told her I will be table serf to her.

I heard from someone that CF's wife is 43, and isn't she a producer or director or something? My god she's something else. I liked her face - really sweet and lovely. I hate her. Unless she buys my book.

And last but not least, Lucy what did you mean by the Nacho's site? Watch this video - you'll love it.


1 comment:

LucyParker said...

I got it! My book is here! It's thick, too, not one of those namby-pamby almost a story books. Beautiful, enticing cover. And there's supposed to be a blizzard tomorrow, so hopefully I won't even have to get dressed and can stay in bed with "Darcy and Fitzwilliam." Joy!

Are you reading my mind about S&S? Emma T is one of my top five brainy/beautiful actress choices. I thought the movie was spectacular, but thought Hugh Grant a mistake. LOL- walking on eggs.

Nacho Figueras, my Argentine polo player. Miss Betty's seen him in real life and agrees that he's very much a Darcy. I put some photos of him in the AHA gallery, just to balance out some of those other stiffs they've got there.

Livia Firth is no slouch. She's got an Italian doctorate in something, has started her own eco-goods store, and is very much her own person. I thought that she's 10 years younger than Colin, but could be wrong. If he can't have me, then I guess she'll do.

Gotta read! Oh, wait, gotta get dog food first.