Monday, March 7, 2011

New Blog Site

I haven't been doing much here because I am, first, Lazy; and, second the same nephew who has created the nice new website for me is working on a blog that comes with it so I will be over there. I don't quite now how this will work - if I abandon this one or close it out or what. Well, the new one is the exact replica of Jane Austen World's blog page so I asked if we could have a different picture across the top. He's looking into it. It will be different and maybe I can get a huge following and steal articles from Jane Austen Today or Austen Authors. Or, maybe we can get other authors to come into this one and both run it.

I don't know. I am happy when I can even tweet.

I signed up for Charlie Sheen tweets but, typical for me, I think I picked the wrong one. Those tweets are from 2009. I felt mildly guilty anyway for wanting to witness his explosion.

I was told that A Happy Assembly is having a wild thread about a naked Richard Armitage (Maria look lively here) and I heard that Lizzy and Darcy had a thread about my review in Jane Austen World. I have been so out of it that I didn't even know - have to check that one out.

Also, I have been getting a lot of info from AHA about the House of Commons in 1800. I have been trying the second book and have an idea to take Darcy to the House of Commons and Fitz to the House of Lords - have both men finally extending out of their comfort zones for the good of their families and for love of country.

Another great site I began to visit was Topix. They have a Matthew Macfadyen thread there that provides the needed gossip and pictures on which we girls all thrive. One cute thread was a woman sitting at a cafe in London next to Matthew. He had smiled at her and shook her hand and signed her Anna Karenina book for her - he was doing a reading that night in something called English Pen (I have to move to Britain - I am missing everything over here).

Anyway, didn't I suggest he be in that new movie Joe Wright is making with Keira as Anna? I want him to play Vronsky and Colin Firth to play Karenin. What a bombshell that would be.

I feel like a bit of Richard Sharpe today, ladies. Love you guys.



THE MEMORIAL STONE
Billy died.... His will provided $30,000 for this elaborate funeral.
As the last guests departed the affair, his wife, Joyce, turned to her oldest and dearest friend, Jonelle.
"Well, I'm sure Billy would be pleased," she said.

"I'm sure you're right," replied Jonelle, who lowered her voice and leaned in close.
"How much did this really cost?"

"All of it," said Joyce .. "Thirty thousand dollars."

"No!" Jonelle exclaimed. "I mean, it was very nice, but $30,000?"

Joyce answered, "The funeral was $6,500. I donated $500 to the church.
The whiskey, wine, food and snacks were another $500.. The rest went for the Memorial Stone."
Jonelle quickly computed the total of $7,500 and said "$22,500 for a Memorial Stone? My God, how big is it?"

Joyce answered, "Two and a half carats
~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

LucyParker said...

Very nice new website! I'll miss this blog, as you're on my blog circuit, but can understand why you'd want to condense to one site. Please post a heads-up if you want me to follow to the new place.

There are naked men flying everywhere on AHA. Sometimes I forget what the story is about when dodging the thighs in the comments. Will you have a naked anyone at your new site?

Have you taken the "Who said this - Charlie Sheen or Muammar Ghaddafi?" quiz? I got six out of ten, which actually makes me ill that I know something about either of these coots.

Happy Monday!

Karen V. Wasylowski said...

No! I still have to find the naked Richard Armitage site! Where is Sheen/Ghaddafi?

Karen V. Wasylowski said...

Of course you have to come with me - you're my only commenter most days. I want to keep Pioneer woman though.

LucyParker said...

Charlie Sheen v Muammar Gaddafi: whose line is it anyway? | World news | guardian.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk

Going to a reception for PW tonight. I'll tell her you say "hey!"

LucyParker said...

PW update. Went to reception but no PW, she was in a wreck on her way from ranch. She arrived at book signing to crowd of 500. (John Grisham didn't pull such a crowd last year.) Each person there bought at least 4 books. You do the math. Took forever to get books signed, she gabbed and took photos - lots of babies in photos.

No Charlie, No MM. Her brother Mike and two daughters were the entourage. Rode down the elevator w/Ike Hanson, as he lives in the hotel condos. Famous people everywhere!